Recipe by abloom69
This recipe was one of 6 winners of the "LUV SAMN SO MUCH" recipe contest.
Top Review by currybunny
I should be honest - I didn't actually eat this as I'm not a seafood fan! But I made this as part of an afternoon tea catering for 20 and it was a huge hit! I used sun-dried tomato pesto and red onions. Very easy to make and looked great - thanks for posting!
- 14 3⁄4 ounces fresh cooked salmon or 14 3⁄4 ounces canned salmon or 14 3⁄4 ounces canned salmon
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onions or 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (can use reduced fat)
- 2 teaspoonlemons, zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 inch) round focaccia bread or 1 (12 inch) French bread
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon in a medium bowl.
- Add pesto, onion, tomatoes, mayonnaise, lemon zest and salt, mix well.
- Split bread in half, layer lettuce leaves on bottom half of bread, top with salmon mixture and top of the bread.
- Cut into 4 and serve immediatly or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving.