Recipe by Jewelies
A recipe by Kiwi/Aussie Chef 'Huey'. For this recipe you need clean wine bottles to mould the cheese over. I think smoked salmon would be nice too. An Aussie tablespoon is 20ml.
Top Review by HomecookSue
I tried this as an entree for some very discerning friends. They rated it very highly. Of course I varied the recipe to suit the occasion.
When melting the cheese I put it on to baking paper which I had cut into squares - one square for each cup. This made it easier to slide off on to the upturned muffin pan I used to shape my cups. I also used smoked Tasmanian trout instead of salmon. I have since seen another variation on My Kitchen Rules. It really is a very exciting and original idea.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (heaped)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (heaped)
- 1 smoked trout fillets, flaked or 1 smoked salmon fillet, if you prefer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Spray baking sheets with oil and mound good tablespoons of parmesan on top, leaving space between. Cook in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- When ready, remove with a palette knife (or fish slice) and lay over wine bottles.
- Mix together mayonnaise, mustard, spring onion, celery, lemon juice and dill. Taste for seasoning.
- Add flaked trout or salmon and gently mix.
- Then spoon tablespoons of the mixture on to parmesan cups. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.