Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite local restaurant for brunch serves delicious salmon croquettes on a bed of greens and I wanted to create a gluten-free version of this dish. Please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com, for more healthy gluten-free recipes.
- 12 ounces wild salmon
- 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups salad greens
Raw Cashew Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi powder (option) or 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi paste (option)
- 4 -6 tablespoons filtered water
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C degrees.
- On a sheet of aluminum foil, place salmon fillet in the middle with the skin side down. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sake or wine. Wrap the salmon and seal tight.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin of the cooked salmon and flake the salmon with a fork in a bowl.
- Add rolled oats, egg, scallions, ginger, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Make 8 salmon patties and coat with cornmeal.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook salmon patties for a few minutes until browned. Flip and cook the other side as well.
- Mix all the ingredients for the raw cashew sauce in a blender or food processor. Add more water if it’s too thick.
- On each salad plate, place greens and two salmon croquettes on top.
- Drizzle the cashew sauce on top.
- Infuse love into the food and serve!