Recipe by evelyn/athens
My kids don't like fish, but they like these salmon cakes.
Top Review by Michell waterman
These were awful! I actually had to throw the leftovers away because my family would not eat them. The recipe would be good without the capers though. They made the cakes taste like a buttery pickle and are what ruined it for us. I’ll keep this recipe and not include the capers next time and see how it turns out.
- 2 chilled boiled potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and celery in olive oil until translucent and softly-cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Remove skins from potatoes and grate coarsely into a large bowl.
- Add onion and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire Sauce, thyme, capers and season to taste.
- Add to potato mixture and stir until combined well.
- Add salmon and incorporate evenly.
- Form 1/3 cup measures of salmon mixture into patties and dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, and saute patties in batches for 3 minutes pr side, or until golden-brown.
- Serve salmon cakes with lemon wedges.