Jennifer Lockhart's Note:
This is wonderful dish that my grandmother taught me to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans pink salmon, drained
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Remove the bones and skin from the salmon.
- 2Using a fork, flake the salmon, set aside.
- 3In a small sauté pan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- 5Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- 6Add the eggs and beat with a wire whisk until incorporated.
- 7Wisk in the mustard, mayo, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, dill, celery salt, black pepper, salt, Tabasco sauce, and cracker crumbs; mix well.
- 8Add the salmon and continue to stir until mixed well.
- 9Using a 1/3 cup measure, form into 2-inch patties.
- 10Dust the cakes with flour.
- 11Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 12Fry the cakes in batches for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.3
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 469.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: