Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is wonderful dish that my grandmother taught me to make.
Make and share this Salmon Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans pink salmon, drained
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Remove the bones and skin from the salmon.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon, set aside.
- In a small sauté pan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and beat with a wire whisk until incorporated.
- Wisk in the mustard, mayo, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, dill, celery salt, black pepper, salt, Tabasco sauce, and cracker crumbs; mix well.
- Add the salmon and continue to stir until mixed well.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, form into 2-inch patties.
- Dust the cakes with flour.
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the cakes in batches for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Ended up being somewhat bland tasting. We garnished the cakes with ketchup or lemon juice, both of which helped improve the taste. Tartar sauce would have probably been a good garnish as well. Was easy to make this recipe and the leftover cakes did not lose anything after microwaving them the next day.
Great Flavor, mine were loose though and difficult to mold into patties, once they browned they were great!!