Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Salmon cakes with green chilies topped with lemon herb mayo. Make these in the morning and they are ready for a fast dinner.
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) canned salmon, drained (WATER PACKED)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- In frying pan saute chopped celery and chopped onions for 5 minutes. Cool.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients mix well and refridgerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat cook 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, cocktail or tartar sauce or lemon herb mayo:.
- 3/4 cup mayo 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp horseradish 1/2 tsp thyme 2 tbsp melted butter, cooled.
These were very good. I left out the green chiles simply because I didn't have any, but they still tasted great. I also modified the dressing because I didn't have horsradish. I used the mayo, dome fresh dill, and some green onions...tasted great. Thanks.
It's very easy to do. I really like that. The taste is good but the Dijon mustard was all we can taste. So next time, I'll omit it. And I won't put green chilies or less. Thanks Calee :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
Nice flavor combo here! The outside had a crispy crust and the inside was very moist. We prefer ours a little drier. The chilis gave this a zip that was very nice. Thanks for a great recipe!