Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Use either pink or red salmon - red gives more color for company. I like to use the no-salt-added salmon and remove skin and bones.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon, skin and bones removed, do not drain
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, raw
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix salmon, juice from salmon, rice, carrot, onion, egg and pepper.
- Shape into balls and put in casserole leaving room for expansion.
- Mix soup and water together; pour over top.
- Bake covered in 350F oven for 1 hour.