1 hr 45 mins
A crispy stuffed baked fish topped with a cheesy crab and pepper mixture. Easy to make, and nice to look at.
My Private Note
6 0z st ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 (2041.16 g) grouper fillets
- 89.90 ml parmesan flavored breadcrumbs
- 89.90 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 89.90 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 177.44 ml butter, melted
- 453.59 g fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 89.90 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 8 (104-120 count) raw shrimp, chopped
- 396.89 g lobster tail meat
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml clam broth
- 709.77 ml heavy cream
- 0.5 ml cayenne pepper
- 89.90 ml sherry wine
- 0.5 ml salt
- 0.5 ml pepper
- 0.5 ml paprika
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml Spanish onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml Spanish onions, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 29.58 ml carrots, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 29.58 ml celery, chopped
- 66.55 ml fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 177.44 ml sherry wine
- 236.59 ml clam juice, reduced
- 29.58 ml clam juice, reduced
- 295.73 ml shrimp, chopped
- 0.75 ml salt and pepper
- 1064.65 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 24 red bell peppers, sliced in thin slivers
- 24 yellow bell peppers, sliced in thin slivers
- 24 green onion tops
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together the 3/8 cups flavored bread crumbs, red pepper, yellow pepper, 6 green onions, 3/4 jalapeno, 1 1/2 stick butter, crabmeat, and 3/8 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 4Shrimp and Lobster Butter Cream Sauce:.
- 5In a heavy saucepan, melt 3/4 stick of the butter and saute' the 1/4 cup onions until they turn translucent. Add the 8 shrimp and chopped lobster. Saute' until pink. Add the 3 Tbsp flour and saute' for three minutes. Add clam stock and the remaining 3/4 stick butter. Slowly pour in 1-1/2 cup of the heavy cream while stirring. Then add the 2 pinches cayenne pepper, and when it begins to thicken, add the remaining 1-1/2 cup cream. Finish with the 3/8 cups sherry and season with 2 pinches of salt, pepper and paprika.
- 6Grouper Stuffing:.
- 7In a heavy stock pot, saute' the Spanish onions, carrots, celery and thyme in the 2 sticks butter until the onions are translucent. Add the shrimp and clam reduction then saute' until the shrimp are pink. Add the 3/4 cup sherry, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the plain breadcrumbs until all of the liquid is absorbed and it can be formed into balls that are tacky, but will not fall apart.
- 8Stuffed Grouper:.
- 9First, cut a piece of grouper to an individual 6 oz serving. Be sure that there are no bones in the fillet. Make a vertical cut down the center of the fillet to 1/4 inch from the bottom, being sure not to cut through the fillet. To form one large pocket, make two horizontal cuts on the inside on either side of the first cut. Stuff this pocket with 4 oz of grouper stuffing. or cut grouper into two 3 ounces pieces and place stuffing between pieces.
- 10Arrange grouper fillets in a single layer in a baking dish (three 9x13 inch) or broiling pan and filled with 1/2 inch of water. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the fish.
- 11Bake until fish is easily flaked with a fork and stuffing is golden brown (approximately 15-30 minutes). If you have thin fillets, you may broil for 10 minutes instead of baking.
- 12Transfer to a plate on a bed of spinach en branche (also posted), decorate with slivers and spoon on the shrimp and lobster butter cream sauce to cover. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sago Stuffed Crab Crusted Grouper
Serving Size: 1 (1401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1535.4
- Calories from Fat 733
- Total Fat 81.5 g
- Saturated Fat 47.6 g
- Cholesterol 472.2 mg
- Sodium 1544.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 82.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
parmesan flavored breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
green onion tops