1/2 Photos of Rutabaga and Chicken Stew
Count Chocula's Note:
This is from a recipe card at Wal-Mart ya'll ! I just love rutabaga and with chicken thighs and parsnips, I think it sounds good and not too expensive either!!! Yeah!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add rutabaga, parsnips and carrot. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2While vegetables are cooking, melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Dust chicken with flour and season with salt and pepper,,,reserving any leftover flour.
- 3Brown chicken half at a time in pot with butter; remove chicken when brown.
- 4Add the leek to the pot. Saute for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 5Add 1 TBSP of the reserved flour to the pot, stir to form a paste.
- 6Stir in the chicken broth and bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 7Return chicken to pot, add vegetables and reduce heat to low.
- 8Cover and simmer 10 minutes then sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rutabaga and Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 693.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: