Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a Slovakian cookie recipe I got from a women's club cookbook. I am always looking for new cookie recipes and this sounds like a winner. Chill time not included in time.
Top Review by Maura Lynn
Makes alot of dough, I doubled filling recipe and still ran out. I used less than one tsp. of filling, pinching circles did not work, they blew apart flat. I tried making them into cresent shapes and filling still blew out. I would cut back brown sugar in filling as rolling then in sugar makes the too sweet. I don't think I will be making these again. Very time consuming as well.
- 1 lb butter or 1 lb margarine, softened
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups flour
- granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof shelled walnuts, ground fine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add flour gradually until you have a firm dough.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Combine filling ingredients.
- If too dry, add a little milk.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out small portions of dough in granulated sugar to about 1/8" thick, about 2 1/2" diameter each.
- Place 1 to 2 tsp of filling in middle of each circle and pinch 2 sides together in the center to seal.
- Bake on cookie sheet for about 15 minutes.