Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Round Steak sauted in homemade barbecue sauce.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs round steaks, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt or 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Cut meat into servicg pieces.
- In large skillet, brown meat in hot oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer covered, 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
This was very easy and really tasty. I thought it was a lighter version of Salisbury steak. It certainly was satisfying for a summer meal. I followed the recipe exactly and it was great! I served mashed sweet potatoes with caramelized onions and Caesar salad.
Wonderful recipe! I was skeptical about making my own BBQ sauce, but this was incredible. It reminds me of a dish my mother made for us as a child, so it brought back some nice memories. Will definitely make over and over again. Even my husband (who normally does not like BBQ sauce) loves this! Thank you for the recipe!
Very flavourful !! love the sauce, except I had to add some more water along the way, it got very thick. Never the less it was wonderful and I will probably use the sauce part of the recipe for times when I want a homemade BBQ sauce. Thanks for posting.