Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This relish is great on so many things. It really makes everyone talk at the community picnic and family reunion. This relish has a nice rosy color to it. You can make it with all sorts of radishes. I used my spring radishes. We eat this on virtually everything but its really good on brawts, hot dogs, hamburgers, bbq chicken, and so much more.
- 3 cups stemmed radishes
- 2 large celery ribs
- 1 large red onion
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Put radishes, celery and onion through the coarse blade of a grinder, or chop them finely. Mix remaining ingredients and allow to stand for three hours.
- Bring to a boil in large pan and cook 10 minutes.
- Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Adjust lids and process 1/2 pints or pints in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
Outstanding relish! Planted some radish seeds, they all popped up at once, what to do!? Found this recipe and followed your wonderfully written directions. Color is gorgeous - saving a couple jars and gifting the others. Cheers
What a great relish! I used up some of the more harsh, late season radishes from our garden and it really took the bite out of them. I'm not a huge hot dog fan, but went out to buy hot dogs just to use this relish, because I thought it would be the perfect match. I was right! I will be making this relish every year, and probably eating more hot dogs and brats! Thank you so much for posting the recipe.
I can't wait to try this! I was looking for a recipe to use up the purple radishes I just plucked from my garden. Will let you know how it turns out.