Recipe by barefootmommawv
This relish is great on so many things. It really makes everyone talk at the community picnic and family reunion. This relish has a nice rosy color to it. You can make it with all sorts of radishes. I used my spring radishes. We eat this on virtually everything but its really good on brawts, hot dogs, hamburgers, bbq chicken, and so much more.
Top Review by Apron Fix
Outstanding relish! Planted some radish seeds, they all popped up at once, what to do!? Found this recipe and followed your wonderfully written directions. Color is gorgeous - saving a couple jars and gifting the others. Cheers
- 3 cups stemmed radishes
- 2 large celery ribs
- 1 large red onion
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put radishes, celery and onion through the coarse blade of a grinder, or chop them finely. Mix remaining ingredients and allow to stand for three hours.
- Bring to a boil in large pan and cook 10 minutes.
- Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Adjust lids and process 1/2 pints or pints in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes.