Recipe by Karin...
These are REALLY deLICious! The following recipe makes about 30. You may want to double the recipe to yield about 60! You keep going back for more, believe me!!
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 old potatoes, coarsley grated
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 15 g butter, extra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 (150 g) packet smoked eel, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a pan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add coarsley grated potatoes and crushed caraway seeds.
- Sir until the potato is sticky, cool.
- Heat extra butter and the oil on BBQ plate.
- Place heaped teaspoons of potato mixture moulded into rounds and then flattened slightly onto prepared BBQ plate.
- TIP: mould the potato mixture with wet hands!
- Cook them on both sides until lightly browned.
- Serve Rosti dolloped with sour cream, pieces of smoked eel, a sprinkling of chopped fresh chives, and a good squeeze of lime juice.