Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are REALLY deLICious! The following recipe makes about 30. You may want to double the recipe to yield about 60! You keep going back for more, believe me!!
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 old potatoes, coarsley grated
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 15 g butter, extra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 (150 g) packet smoked eel, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Heat the butter in a pan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add coarsley grated potatoes and crushed caraway seeds.
- Sir until the potato is sticky, cool.
- Heat extra butter and the oil on BBQ plate.
- Place heaped teaspoons of potato mixture moulded into rounds and then flattened slightly onto prepared BBQ plate.
- TIP: mould the potato mixture with wet hands!
- Cook them on both sides until lightly browned.
- Serve Rosti dolloped with sour cream, pieces of smoked eel, a sprinkling of chopped fresh chives, and a good squeeze of lime juice.