Rosti (Can Be Gluten-Free)
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 1/4 cup brown rice flour (use a fine milled flour) or 1/4 cup blended gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- Peel and grate potatoes. Place the grated potatoes into a clean kitchen tea-towel and gently squeeze them to remove any excess moisture from the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into a mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat vegetable oil (or other oil of your choice) in a large pan or skillet over a medium to high heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the potato mixture in to the hot oil. Check one first and if the mixture does not hold shape -- blend in some extra flour to the remaining mixture.
- Cook approx 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. When cooked the rosti should be golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free