A Vietnamese style recipe originally from Good Taste magazine . Quick and tasty. Easily made gluten-fre by using a gluten-free suitable fish sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chili, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 stems lemongrass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (gluten-free if needed for a gf diet)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar or 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 3 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted salted peanut, coarsely chopped
- steamed rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the chicken in batches and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Usually around 3 batches of chicken (If cooked in onw whole batch it tends to stew rather than cook throough and brown).
- Transfer the browned chicken to a large plate.
- Add the chilli and lemon grass to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken back into the wok along with the fish sauce, sugar and half the shallot to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the chicken is heated through.
- Divide the chicken mixture among 4 serving plates.
- Scatter the peanuts and remaining shallot over the chicken.
- Serve with steamed rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more