This delicious layered potato and cheese recipe comes from Basel, Switzerland. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 6 large potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and let cool.
- Once cool, peel and grate potatoes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in large nonstick skillet, add a layer of potatoes and a layer of cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot each layer with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons hot water over the top layer, cover and saute at low to medium heat until bottom layer browns.
- Turn with spatula and brown again.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Like others stated, whats not to love, potatoes and cheese, delicious!!! I cheated and used "Simply" hashbrown potatoes, so much quicker/easier and did scale it back for 2 servings. I used my individual omelette maker, which is a 2 sided pan with a locking mechanism on the handle, so I just flipped the pan to cook the other side. The cheese melted perfectly and the crusts were nice and crisp. I served this with some smoked sausage and fruit for a wonderful lunch. Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats on the football pool win!!!! :)Reply
see 7 more