1/1 Photo of Rosemary Sweet Potato Soup
Another great sounding recipe from Zamouri Spices. Quatre Epices is a spice mixture containing white peppercorns, dried ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 51.76 ml sweet unsalted butter
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes or 907.18 g yams, peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes
- 907.18 g vegetable broth
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary
- 19.71 ml quatre-epices
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 56.69 g chopped pecans
- 1Remove the rosemary needles from the sprigs. Mince the needles & pecans in a food processor until very fine & reserve for later.
- 2Melt the butter in a large pot then fry garlic and onions over medium heat until the onions are soft.
- 3Add the yams, cinnamon sticks, star anise, rosemary branches and the stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat & simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the yams are soft.
- 4Remove the pot from the heat and discard the cinnamon sticks, star anise, & rosemary sprigs.
- 5In a food processor, purée the soup in batches until smooth. Return the puréed soup to the pot, add the remaining spices and cream, and heat just to the boiling point.
- 6Reduce the heat to low & simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat then taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. If the soup is too thick, add a bit of cream or stock.
- 7To serve, garnish with the reserved rosemary and pecans.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.4
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 484.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: