Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I am always looking for different recipes for fish, as I am trying to incorporate more and more into our daily diet. You actually set the rosemary briefly aflame which gives the fish a wonderful herb flavour and aroma. Part of the dish can be made up ahead of time
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut fillets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- In a baking dish, place rosemary beside halibut; light rosemary with match (rosemary may not remain lit). Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425 oven for 8 - 12 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper and salt. Stir in tomato and shallot.(can be done ahead of time).
- Serve with halibut.
Easy to make and delicious. To smoke the halibut is different. It will keep the flavours of the fish and add a smokey and herbal note to the fish. The fish came out great and with the vinaigrette on the side it makes a wonderful light and healthy dish. Thanks for sharing.