Halibut With Balsamic Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey, sweetness your preference
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets, 4 pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, and garlic.
- Arrange fish in an 8" sq baking dish and pour marinate over, coating completely.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line the bottom and sides of a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick oil.
- Remove fish, reserving the marinade, and arrange on baking sheet.
- Pour marinade into a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil and then back to a simmer for about 15 mins., stirring often.
- While sauce is simmering, broil the fish until they are just cooked through and carmelized on top, about 12 minutes (Watch last few minutes that you're not too close to the broiler and fish is burning).
- In small pan, sauce will thicken similar to a steak sauce. Spoon off any excess oil if preferred.
- Transfer fillets to plates, drizzle sauce lightly on top just for presentation to keep the eye appeal of the carmelization and then spoon more sauce around the fish. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation