Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl or food processor combine garlic and mustard until well mixed.
- Whisk in balsamic vinegar, hot water and sugar.
- Slowly add in olive oil mixing until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Feel free to substitute different vinegars and seasoning to your own taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Surprisingly good! I thought that I would really miss the oil but I don't. I do want to add that the calories count was divided into 6 servings. I doubt any of us would use 1/6 the recipe on a salad. :) I recalculated. I measured 48 TBSP of dressing in the recipe, so there will be around 6 calories per Tbsp.
see 11 more reviews
I've had this in my file for a while and I finally made it tonight. It was terrific. I used Agave instead of sugar, cutting the amount of half that of the sugar. I also would like the dressing to be a little thicker, so I'm going to Wild by Nature and getting some guar gum. This is what is usually put in light dressings as a thickner. Thank you for sharing this.