Top Review by JustJanS
The smell of this cooking was unbelievable, and the taste-even better. It's a nice easy recipe that results in a great potato dish! We halved the oil as suggested, but felt there was still enough left in the pan to make the final dressing. So I guess I am saying, we halved the oil:-)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tiny red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided use
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine potatoes, onion wedges, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Toss potato mixture to coat well; arrange in a single layer in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, stirring mixture twice.
- Transfer roasted potato mixture to a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Pour mixture over roasted potato mixture.
- Add red pepper pieces; toss gently to coat.
- Turn potato salad into serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.