Recipe by Sue Lau
Adapted from a savory flat pie recipe by Katie Joel.
Top Review by lizpasse
This recipe was very good. Nice subtle flavors combining to make a very filling sandwich. Only three stars, because I made it the first time with 1 tsp of salt and it was pretty much not edible. The second time I used 1/4 tsp and it was much better, with a lightly salted delicate flavor.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (any type)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces brie cheese or 4 ounces camembert cheese, sliced
- 8 slices artisan ciabatta or 8 slices sourdough bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and rosemary in a mixture of butter and olive oil until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, and cook until mushrooms soften.
- Discard garlic and rosemary.
- Divide mushrooms and cheese among 4 slices bread.
- Top with remaining bread and toast using a panini pan or grill.