1/1 Photo of Rosemary Chicken With Rice & Asparagus
1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from an old "Country Cooking" edition of Taste of Home. (To blanch asparagus, drop the pieces into boiling water, remove pan from heat, and let soak for a few minutes - just until tender but not mushy; you could also steam them or use leftover cooked asparagus).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, bottoms removed,peeled,blanched,cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste (optional)
- 1Combine 1/4 cup of the broth,as well as the garlic, rosemary, oil, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper in a zip-top plastic bag; add chicken, tossing to coat; let marinate in fridge at least 1 hour.
- 2Place rice, remaining broth and water into a rice cooker and cook according to manufacturer's directions (this will take about 20 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, put chicken and marinade into a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked but not dry- juices should run clear when chicken is pierced.
- 4Add blanched asparagus, lemon zest, lemon pepper, and salt to the rice and toss.
- 5Cut chicken pieces into thin strips on a cutting board.
- 6Place a mound of rice in the center of each serving dish and surround with strips of the chicken.
- 7If you like a dipping sauce, simpy make up a seocnd batch of the marinade and cook in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced as much as you like it (you may add a little cornstarch first if you want to thicken it).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Chicken With Rice & Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 536.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: