Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From The Joy of Cooking. Posted in reply to a request.
- 1 lb fine egg noodles
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 slice bread, soaked in
- milk, and wrung out
- 1 minced leek
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated hard cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Cook pork until no longer pink; drain.
- Add leek and saute another 3-4 minutes.
- Combine pork and leek with bread and seasonings.
- In a shallow baking pan arrange alternate layers of noodles and pork mixture, ending with noodles.
- Beat together eggs, cream, and cheese.
- Pour over noodles and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350F about 45 minutes or until bubbly in the center.