Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My favorite way to prepare vegetables is roasting...Roasting the vegetables really brings out all the great flavors and Summer is the best time when all the vegetables are in season. Here is just a little medley that my family enjoy. Occasionally I have also combined this recipe with a little bit of orzo pasta.
- 1 -2 zucchini, sliced in half moons (depending on size)
- 1 -2 yellow squash, sliced in half moons (depending on size)
- 1 -2 raw red bell pepper (sliced) or 1 -2 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium red onion (wedged)
- 3 -4 red potatoes (wedged)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- artichoke hearts small jar (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- salt (to taste) or pepper (to taste)
- 1 teasoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all prepared ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a jelly roll pan. I put Silpat on the bottom of my pan, but I guess you could use Parchment paper.
- When preparing the red onion and peppers chop them as if you were preparing them for a kabob.
- Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes (stir up vegetables half way).
Mmmm! We loved these roasted veggies! I made exactly as directed, ate them for lunch, and then took the leftovers to my cousin's house last night for dinner. We ate the veggies cold (so as not to ruin them in the microwave) and she really enjoyed them as well. I don't think I'd change a thing in this recipe. It was easy, healthy and it tasted great! Can't get any better than that! Thanks for sharing, polar! :)