Herb Roasted Vegetables
I started with a recipe that I found on the McCormick spice website but I have changed it to incorporate vegetables and herbs that better suit my family’s taste preferences. This is a very versatile recipe that lends itself well to changes. Use whatever vegetables and herb combinations that work best for you. Some of the other vegetables that I have enjoyed in this dish include yellow squash, corn on the cob (cut into 1-inch chunks) and other bell peppers (green, yellow, orange).
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges (or 1 cup pearl onions)
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated or 1/2-1 cup swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, oregano (or thyme), rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- Add the prepared onion, potatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini to the seasoned oil mixture.
- Toss with a slotted spoon until all vegetables are well coated.
- Place seasoned vegetables in the foil-lined baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the roasted vegetables.
- Return baking dish to oven and roast for 5 more minutes (or until the cheese just begins to melt).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Soooo good! We love roasted veggies and they came out wonderfully browned and flavorful. I had just made a run to the Farmer's Market so I had plenty of beautiful bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, and both red onions and vidalia onions and let's not forget mushrooms -yum! This dish went so well with my grilled salmon. Will definitely make again!Reply
Made this for Tomatoe & Pepper tag game...DELICIOUS! I followed the instructions except for cutting the potatoes a little smaller and using some eggplant that I had left and topping with fresh parmesan cheese. Heaven! I had it for dinner served with pork chops and mashed potatoes and for breakfast I used the leftovers in an omelet like justcallmetoni had. Thank you for another wonderful dish. P.S. Made this again and this time here are the stars I forgot before for a wonderful dish!Reply