Top Review by Julie F
Delicious! I roasted the vegetables on my cast iron pizza pan, and it worked beautifully. My roasted red peppers were packed in oil, so I used several tablespoons of olive oil to roast the eggplant and mushrooms. I ate a bowl of the roasted vegetables plain last night, and today for lunch, I had my sandwich, with the vegetables reheated. I will try adding some different vegetables next time along with the eggplant and mushrooms.
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb medium mushroom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil (from the jar of peppers)
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 20 inches French baguettes
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplants horizontally into 1/2" slices. Wash mushrooms, pat dry.
- Brush veggies with 3 tbsp of the oil, grill or broil until lightly browned and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool.
- Roughly chop veggies and combine with peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine feta cheese, seasoning and remaining tablespoon of oil in a small bowl.
- Slice the baguettes and scoop out a little of the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the bottom pieces, spoon vegetables over cheese and cover with tops.
- Slice each sandwick diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces and serve.