Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from TOH. Great for vegetarians, or anyone who just loves your veggies, like me.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini or 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Place squash, carrots and zucchini in a 15x10 baking pan.
- Combine 1 tbsp oil and cumin; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered, at 450°F for 25-30 minute or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a soup kettle, saute green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minute or until tender.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, water, salsa, chili powder and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in roasted veggies.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.