Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from TOH. Great for vegetarians, or anyone who just loves your veggies, like me.
Make and share this Roasted Vegetable Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini or 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Place squash, carrots and zucchini in a 15x10 baking pan.
- Combine 1 tbsp oil and cumin; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered, at 450°F for 25-30 minute or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a soup kettle, saute green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minute or until tender.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, water, salsa, chili powder and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in roasted veggies.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.