1 hr 5 mins
children from A to Z's Note:
This is from TOH. Great for vegetarians, or anyone who just loves your veggies, like me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini or 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Place squash, carrots and zucchini in a 15x10 baking pan.
- 2Combine 1 tbsp oil and cumin; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 3Bake uncovered, at 450°F for 25-30 minute or until tender, stirring once.
- 4Meanwhile, in a soup kettle, saute green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minute or until tender.
- 5Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, water, salsa, chili powder and garlic.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 8Stir in roasted veggies.
- 9Return to a boil.
- 10Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Chili
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g