1/2 Photos of Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
One of the easiest ways to add depth to a vegetable dish is to slowly roast the ingredients. In this case, cherry or grape tomatoes are roasted, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and heaped over ricotta-slathered bruschetta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- 3Transfer the tomatoes, along with any oil in the bowl, to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes, or until the tomatoes are lightly browned and wrinkled.
- 4While the tomatoes roast, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer and let reduce by half. Set aside.
- 5During the final 10 minutes of roasting, place the bread on one of the oven racks and toast until just lightly browned.
- 6Remove the tomatoes and bread from the oven and let the tomatoes cool slightly. While the tomatoes cool, rub the toasted bread with the garlic.
- 7Slather a generous layer of ricotta on each slice of bread, then arrange the slices on a serving platter. Top each with some of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with fresh thyme, then finish with a drizzle of the reduced balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.3
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 680.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 15.5 g