Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta
- Ready In:
- 1 red pepper
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1 cup roma tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- Preheat grill to medium-high or broiler. Roast red pepper, turning often, until well blackened. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave to cool.
- Remove skin, stem and seeds from pepper. Finely chop the pepper and place in a medium bowl.
- Stir in peaches, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinate for 30 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Before serving, bring peach mixture to room temperature. Lightly toast baguette slices on both sides. Spoon peach mixture on top of toasts.
Join The Conversation
Peaches and tomato go well together. So pretty and surprising for people too to have that combination. Seasonings very good, Love using my fresh herbs. Great for summer. I have even made this into a quesadilla type grilled sandwich, changing the seasonings, chili powder or such, a drizzle of honey (no vinegar)and adding what ever cheese -feta, brie, cheddar.