Oven Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Eggplant
- Ready In:
- 2 red peppers, destemmed,deseeded and quartered
- 1 -2 small eggplant, cut into wedges that are around 2.5 cm in length
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper (freshly ground if possible)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon oregano leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Arrange the wedges of the eggplant and the red pepper in a baking pan. (A large pan is preferable to facilitate even cooking.)
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the seasonings over the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for around 15 mins (turn with a spatula now and then) until the vegetables are brown around the edges.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs if you are using them.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tasted good but the cooking time was way off - I cut my peppers into sixth's, and they still needed at least twice the cooking time. My eggplant pieces might have been a little larger than indicated in the recipe, but still took at least twice as long. (My oven is fairly new, and everything else gets done within the time indicated in the recipe instructions.) I was disappointed - still trying to find a recipe for those times we get eggplant in our CSA box!Reply
see 8 more