Clean eating salad that is bright and tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus extra for final seasoning
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnuts (raw or toasted)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- goat cheese (optional) or feta cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, toss the chopped sweet potatoes with the olive oil, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, and 1 1/2 tsp of the sea salt, coating evenly.
- 3Spread the potatoes in a baking dish and roast them until fork tender or about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 4In a large bowl toss the sweet potatoes with the chopped spinach. The heat from the potatoes will slightly wilt the spinach.
- 5Once the potatoes cool, stir in the walnuts, cranberries and goat or feta cheese if using and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1106.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g