Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great addition to any buffet. The shrimp can be served warm, room temperature or chilled.
- 2 lbs uncooked frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1⁄2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teasppin Worcestershire sauce
- Thaw shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with oil, salt and pepper.
- Put shrimp in a single layer on a foil lined sheet pan and roast at 350°F for 5-10 minutes or until shrimp just start to turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Mix ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco and lemon juice together.
- Serve cocktail sauce chilled along with shrimp.
I made one pound of shrimp and kept the sauce ingredients the same. Do keep an eye on the shrimp because it roasts quickly. We could only find extra hot horseradish so I started with barely a teaspoon for us and omitted the hot sauce. Very tasty shrimp cocktail! Let's P-A-R-T-Y! December Cooking Event.
I usually boil my shrimp and make a simple sauce of ketchup and horseradish but this recipe takes it up a notch. I loved the roasted shrimp and wish I had thought of it before. The sauce is delicious although I am addicted to horseradish so I did add more than called for. This is a KEEPER! Thanks so much for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009.