Roasted Jumbo Shrimp With Potatoes, Lemon and Capers
This just sounded too good. I found it in O magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste (divided)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (divided)
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Wash the shrimp and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss together and refrigerate.
- Rub a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Place the potato slices, slightly overlapping, in the pan.
- Drizzle them with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes, until golden and just tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, top with the shrimp and the marinade, and return to the oven.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes, until the shrimp is opaque and slightly roasted looking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the capers.
- Serve at once with a green salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this recipe! I made this for a dinner party with my in-laws; everyone at the table kept raving. I had to hold this for quite a while in the oven, so I will say it's a forgiving dish time-wise. I probably roasted the potatoes for an hour (granted, my quantities were all increased to feed a lot of people) and the potatoes did fine - crispy outside and creamy inside. (Halfway through, I covered them loosely with foil.) I did not overdue on the shrimp roasting time; and something magical occurs as the lemony shrimp drippings mingle with the potatoes. This is a flavor-packed, very yummy dish, simple to put together, and we loved the capers on top. All in all, a sure winner.Reply
see 5 more