Wendys Kitchen's Note:
A Barefoot Contessa recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lbs skin-on fresh salmon fillets
- 3 lbs small yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs French haricots vert, stems removed
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges (6 small tomatoes)
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut in 1/2
- 1 bunch watercress or 1 bunch arugula
- 1/2 lb large green olives, pitted
- 1Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2For the marinade, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, mustard, garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons salt and 1/2 tablespoon pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Place the salmon on a sheet pan that has been covered in aluminum foil, and drizzle the marinade over the salmon. Allow the salmon to sit for 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot off the heat and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Leave the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but firm. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in thick slices and set aside.
- 5Place the salmon in the oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it is almost cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Remove the skin and break into large pieces.
- 6Blanch the haricots verts in a large pot of boiling salted water for 1 1/2 minutes only. Drain immediately and immerse in a bowl of ice water. Drain again and set aside.
- 7For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Set aside.
- 8Arrange the salmon, potatoes, haricots verts, tomatoes, eggs, watercress, olives and anchovies, if used, on a large flat platter. Drizzle some vinaigrette over the fish and vegetables and serve the rest in a pitcher on the side.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Salmon Platter
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 291.0 mg
- Sodium 751.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 57.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: