Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This one is for the veggie lovers! This recipe can be made four hours ahead and reheated when the it's time to serve. From Bon Appetit
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled,scrubbed,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb celery root, peeled,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb rutabaga, peeled,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb carrot, peeled,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 leeks, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- Position 1 rack in bottom third of oven and 1 rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Spray 2 heavy large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except garlic in very large bowl; toss to coat.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetable mixture between prepared sheets.
- Place 1 sheet on each oven rack.
- Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reverse positions of baking sheets.
- Add 5 garlic cloves to each baking sheet.
- Continue to roast until all vegetables are tender and brown in spots, stirring and turning vegetables occasionally, about 45 minutes longer.
- (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand on baking sheets at room temperature. Rewarm in 450°F oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.) Transfer roasted vegetables to large bowl and then serve.
- Makes 8 servings.
These are DELICIOUS,Yummy, made them for dinner last evening, served them with Fish. We love the Rosemary on the vegetables, So easy to do in the oven. I didn't cut the vegetables as small as you said,also cut the recipe in half. Thank you for posting.
This is an amazing recipe! This makes these roots and swedes play together nicely, along with adding versatility to them. Good hot or cold: I've eaten this dish cold on salad greens with blue cheese drizzled on it, and it performed splendidly in a potpie with turkey after Thanksgiving. My vegetarian friends love this when I make it!
Made these to go with Kittencal's Perfect Prime Rib Roast Beef. They were outstanding. There were no leftovers. Thanks for the recipe Bev, now everyone wants to know how I made them. Deb