Roasted Root Vegetables With Maple Balsamic Dressing
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2 slices on the diagonal
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut in 2 inch wedges (or acorn squash)
- 2 orange bell peppers, seeded and cut in thick slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Combine the prepared vegetables in a large bowl and toss with oil. Spread onto a large non-stick rimmed baking sheet. Use parchment paper if you like, but I didn't find it necessary.
- Roast at 375 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring once or twice, until browned and tender.
- Combine the vinegars and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and toss with the hot, cooked vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! This was a great dish. I love the balsamic flavor with the simply roasted vegetables. I used 2 sweet potatoes, 2 carrots and one beet, and made half of the vinegar sauce following the recipe exactly. I baked the vegetables for 45 minutes, and the potatoes were soft and the carrots & beets were slightly firm. This one is a keeper and going into my 10 star cookbook!