Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious with grills or as part of a mezze this is from Modern Moroccan by Ghillie Basan
Make and share this Roasted Red Peppers With Feta, Capers and Preserved Lemons recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the grill (broiler) on the hottest setting and roast the peppers under the grill, turning frequently.
- When they are softened and their skins begin to blacken place them in a plastic bag, seal and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Peel the peppers, remove the stalks and seeds then slice the flesh and arrange on a plate.
- Add the crumbled feta and pour over the olive oil, scatter the capers and preserved lemons over the top.
- Sprinkle with a little salt if required.
I cheated and used jarred roasted peppers. This was so good - all the ingredients were vibrant and literally 'sang' together. Loved biting into bits of preserved lemon (which I love using). Thanks for a great recipe!
Finally something to do with that jar of preserved lemons I have in the back of my fridge! I loved the flavours of this recipe and how the sharpness of the lemons worked so well against the salty nature of the capers and cheese. I used reduced fat feta and everything worked fine. Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz for ZWT6.
Not only did I have to use lemon juice instead of preserved lemons, I also misread the recipe and put in about 350g of feta. Still, once the peppers are roasted, this is a very quick salad, and even my dairy-hating husband enjoyed it!