Recipe by lindseylcw
Delicious with grills or as part of a mezze this is from Modern Moroccan by Ghillie Basan
Top Review by evelyn/athens
I cheated and used jarred roasted peppers. This was so good - all the ingredients were vibrant and literally 'sang' together. Loved biting into bits of preserved lemon (which I love using). Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 preserved lemon, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill (broiler) on the hottest setting and roast the peppers under the grill, turning frequently.
- When they are softened and their skins begin to blacken place them in a plastic bag, seal and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Peel the peppers, remove the stalks and seeds then slice the flesh and arrange on a plate.
- Add the crumbled feta and pour over the olive oil, scatter the capers and preserved lemons over the top.
- Sprinkle with a little salt if required.