Top Review by woodland hues
Excellent and amazing! This rice salad hit the spot while still warm, served with some BBQed pork tenderloin and a green salad. I like its versatility in being able to make it up ahead of time and serve it cold. This dish lends a Mediterranean flare to the meal. Very easy to prepare, but elegant in presentation. Thanks!
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups mixed rice (such as brown, red, and wild rice)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 roasted red peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 5 1/2 cups water in medium saucepot to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in rice and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Toss in parsley, roasted peppers, and scallions, for salad.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper in another bowl. Whisk in oil in a slow stream until thickened and emulsified, for vinaigrette. Add to salad and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. (can be made ahead. Cover and chill up to 2 days).