Recipe by VLizzle
Thick, hearty dip that is great with pita chips or tortilla chips. As an optional ingredient, I sometimes fold in chopped Kalamata olives. Enjoy!
Top Review by Mom2Rose
ZWT4: I made this midafternoon and just now, this evening, got to give it a taste. Outstanding!! My hubby and I ate it for a late evening snack with chips and veggies!! I did add the kalamata olives per the suggestions in the reviews - Yummy!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (juice from one lemon)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garlic on aluminum foil, coat with the olive oil and wrap tightly.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and place garlic in a blender.
- Add the roasted red peppers and lemon juice and puree.
- Add the cumin, cilantro, cream cheese, sour cream and blend until well mixed.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.