1/2 Photos of Roasted Pork Loin With Wild Mushroons, Garlic, and Sage Pan Jus
In this recipe the whole garlic cloves are roasted along-side the pork loin while the mushrooms are sauteed on the stove top. The recipe is from my favorite celebrity chef, Eric Ripert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pork loin and jus
- 2 lbs pork loin, trimmed and tied
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic clove, separated but unpeeled
- 2 bay leaves, lightly crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh sage
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- fine sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Tie the pork loin with kitchen string; string it once lengthwise, then at 1-inch intervals crosswise.
- 2Season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet, over medium high heat, then sear the pork on all sides, including the 2 ends, until a golden color.
- 4Lower the heat, toss in the whole, unpeeled garlic cloves, cover, and let pan roast for 25 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, trim and clean the mushrooms.
- 6Heat another skillet and cook the shallots, garlic, and thyme in the butter and garlic until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add the mushrooms and cook them until tender, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- 8Continue to pan roast the pork until it registers 150 degrees F on an internal meat thermometer.
- 9Transfer pork to a cutting biard and ket rest.
- 10Return the pan to medium heat, stir in the bay leaves and sage, then deglaze the pan with wine.
- 11Continue to cook until the wine is reduced by half; add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and reduce a little more.
- 12Stir in the mushrooms and let them infuse their flavor into the sauce.
- 13Cut the pork into 1/2-inch slices and serve with the mushrooms and sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pork Loin With Wild Mushroons, Garlic, and Sage Pan Jus
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.3
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 152.2 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 49.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: