GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
A classic Fall-Winter Pumpkin Soup with creamy and nutty flavors. This soup is a perfect prelude to a Thanksgiving, Christmas or other Holiday Dinner. Canned pumpkin works well...your dinner guests will never guess that the pumpkin isn't fresh!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 fresh yellow onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling) or 2 1/4 cups fresh pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 pinch fresh ground nutmeg
- 1In the work bowl of your food processor, fitted with metal blade, process onion, pecans and garlic until ingredients are finely chopped.
- 2Transfer mixture to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Saute with butter until onions are opaque and pecans are light brown -- 5 to 8 minutes.
- 4Add chicken stock, pumpkin puree, salt, thyme, nutmeg and white pepper.
- 5Bring to a simmer.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- 7Stir in cream.
- 8Pour into pre-heated soup bowls.
- 9Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pecan Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 865.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g