Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Love that Mediterranean taste? You'll love this easy recipe suggested by Clover, South Africa.
- 4 small red peppers, halved cored and seeded
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 30 ml capers
- 10 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 75 g mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 125 ml breadcrumbs
- 125 ml white wine
- 45 ml olive oil
- 5 ml of fresh mint
- 5 ml fresh parsley (Italian)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Place the peppers and eggplant tightly together in the dish and sprinkle over the capers, olives, garlic, mozzarella, feta and breadcrumbs.
- Pour over the wine and olive oil and then sprinkle the mint, parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with chunks of French or Italian bread as a starter or on rice or couscous as a main course.