Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Real Simple's Five Easy Dinners (October 2005)
Make and share this Roasted Fennel and Red Onion Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a roasting pan, toss the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper and the oil.
- Spread evenly and roast for 20 minutes.
- Move vegetable to side of pan and add salmon, redistribute vegetables around the salmon fillets. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon and vegetables, sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and roast until the salmon is the same color throughout and flakes easily (10-12 minutes).
- Serve immediately, over rice if desired.
This is a wonderful recipe! Very simple preperation and the results are just WOW! Other fish works with this as well. I have made with thick cod fillets with great success. Thanks for sharing this terrific and easy recipe.