Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Real Simple's Five Easy Dinners (October 2005)
Make and share this Roasted Fennel and Red Onion Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a roasting pan, toss the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper and the oil.
- Spread evenly and roast for 20 minutes.
- Move vegetable to side of pan and add salmon, redistribute vegetables around the salmon fillets. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon and vegetables, sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and roast until the salmon is the same color throughout and flakes easily (10-12 minutes).
- Serve immediately, over rice if desired.
This is a wonderful recipe! Very simple preperation and the results are just WOW! Other fish works with this as well. I have made with thick cod fillets with great success. Thanks for sharing this terrific and easy recipe.