Budding Chef's Note:
From Real Simple's Five Easy Dinners (October 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a roasting pan, toss the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper and the oil.
- 3Spread evenly and roast for 20 minutes.
- 4Move vegetable to side of pan and add salmon, redistribute vegetables around the salmon fillets. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon and vegetables, sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- 5Return to oven and roast until the salmon is the same color throughout and flakes easily (10-12 minutes).
- 6Serve immediately, over rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Fennel and Red Onion Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 614.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: