Recipe by **Jubes**
A Karen Martini recipe from her cookbook "cooking at home'. She suggests that 1 bunch carrots can be substituted by 1 turnip and 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into quarters. A nice vege side for any roast. You could use larger carrots and cut them into halves or quarters instead of baby carrots if wished....though the baby carrots give a lovely presentation
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made your carrots for dinner tonight along with another carrot recipe. I loved the combination of honey and thyme...so delicate yet flavorful. I did not cook them quite as long, because I wanted to make sure that they remained crisp tender. Served along side chicken that I had cooked in the crock pot and your Green Coriander Rice recipe. Thanks for another keeper...I'll definitely make these carrots again. Made and reviewed for the 49th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 600 g baby carrots, scrubbed and trimmed (2 bunches Dutch or baby carrots)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme, large sprigs, leaves only
- 3 tablespoons honey (12 teaspoons)
- 60 g unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- .Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place the carrost in a baking dish. Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and bake for 35 minutes. Turn the carrots occasionally whilst baking. Based on Tisme's review -- be sure to check carrots from 25 minutes cooking time.
- Remove the carrots from the oven, Add the honey and the butter. Toss the carrots to coat.
- Return carrots to the oven and bake a further 3 - 5 minutes, or until the carrots are cooked.