Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of our favorite ways to make asparagus. We love all of the ingredients and this is great for company because you can make it up ahead of time and just pop in the oven when ready. This can easily be scaled down from 12 servings. From epicurious.com.
- 3 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lb mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Line two 15 1/2x10 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- Gently toss all ingredients in a large bowl until vegetables are coated with oil.
- Spread evenly on baking sheets.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes stirring once until vegetables are slightly charred and tender.
- If preparing the asparagus and onion ahead, store them in a plastic bag large enough to accommodate the rest of the ingredients so you won't have to dirty a bowl.
Loved this. Cut the recipe in half and the cooking time was spot in. Definite repeater.
I just made this tonight and didn't measure anything-just right! I liked the combo of veggies. Thanks!
My primary critique of this recipe is there is no way it will feed 12 people, not if at least one enjoys asparagus or roasted vegetables as much as I do. :) I scaled this down to 4 servings and reduced the oil in half. The results were superb - crispy blades of asparagus with perfectly cooked onions and cremini mushrooms. Considered adding some balsamic to the completed dish but really found the flavors stood on their own without any additions. Thanks for a great combination and cooking technique.