Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this salad. It makes a meal just by itself. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 6 slices deli roast beef, sliced medium
- French dressing
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes (cut up for salad as you like)
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- Cut roast beef into narrow 2-inch strips.
- Marinate in French dressing for 1 hour.
- Toss salad with tomato, onion, pepper and marinated roast beef.
- Pour additional French dressing on salad.
This is a nice change from ordinary salad. Marinating the beef really added depth to the flavor. I used a homemade French Dressing, added croutons, and omitted the tomato (personal preference). This dish provided a great flavor for very little work. I especially liked that it was adjustable to the number of servings needed. Thanks!
Although this recipe is fairly simple, it did stimulate one of those AH-HA Responses that is so very important to the development of a cook's education. I have played with Deli Beef before, but it never occurred to me to marinate it in French Dressing. I scaled the quantities back to a single serving and marinated the meat in a ceramic salad bowl. After an hour, I added the rest of the ingredients, and just tossed. Bill
I just tried it. Very good ! Next time, I will try to marinate overnight and I wonder if it will turn out any better or not. Thanks for sharing. Polar Bear