Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delicate, saffron seasoned risotto dish goes with just about any entree. Posting for ZWT7, Recipe is from http://www.italianfoodforever.com
- 6 cups chicken broth, Heated
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 Tbsp Removed To Finish The Dish)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of saffron threads soaked in a little stock
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butter.
- Add the white wine, and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed. Start to add 1/2 cup of hot broth, stirring as it is absorbed.
- Continue in this manner, adding ladles full of hot broth, and stirring continuously for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked, but remains slightly firm to the teeth.
- About 5 minutes before completion, add the saffron. Remove from the heat, add the remaining butter and the parmesan cheese, stir to combine.
Great, easy risotto. We loved the taste. Made for ZWT7.