ORZO Alla MILANESE
photo by CLUBFOODY
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 cup grana padano, grated
- In a medium bowl combine wine and saffron; set aside for 10 minutes. In a medium pot over medium-low heat warm chicken broth, keeping it warm during the entire process.
- In another medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil and butter. When it’s hot and butter has melted, add orzo, stirring to coat and starts to soften slightly. Add wine mixture and stir until liquid is absorbed. Ladle ½ cup at a time of warm broth until liquid is absorbed between each addition. Season with salt and pepper and add cheese; stir once again before serving immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!